3.4 Broken dipstick handle

Redpine

I just broke the handle off my dip stick ('94 Cutlass vert) How do I get the stick out and where do I get a new dipstick? Any ideas will be appreciated, just pulled into the garage do do a brake/strut project, it was cold...just touched the stick.

Thanks

How do I get the stick out

Can you see the remains? Perhaps a needle-nose pliers, or a strong tweezer.

and where do I get a new dipstick?

Dealership, or more likely the Treasure Yard.

Stop touching your stick, especially when it's cold! :)

Definitely Junkyard, bring the bottom part with you when you get it out, might be the same on some other GM engines?

and maybe a magnetic pickup can pull it up far enough to grab?

Good news, I got it out, heated up a nail, pushed into the plastic stub, & then screwed a sheet rock screw into the plastic. Now need to find a replacement, anybody have one they want to sell?

Thanks for the replies..

i replace 3800 handles with 3400/ls1 handles all you have to do is punch out the 1/16th inch rollpin and swap the handles. anytime i find em intact i cut the rod/metal and take the handle with me

you can use the billet alum handles they offer for the lsx guys on ebay/etc....i sorta need to for my wagn since my primary's sit less than 2 inches away