Interior lights question... 94 olds cutlass supreme

72cuttysupreme

Hey guys. None of my courtesy lights, reading lamps (rear view mirror), glovebox light, rear floor light, engine bay light, or rear dome lights are working. Were is the fuse for these located? I looked under the glove box and there is only one lone 20 amp fuse there with the flasher switch. And I don't see anything related to the interior lights on ether of the fuse boxes in the engine bay. Help please. Thanks!

Edited by 72cuttysupreme

That sucks, do you get power to the headlights or anything else while this is happening? IIRC you mentioned before you got a 3100, like me. Deciphering electrical schematics in the Haynes manual(damn i need a beer:think:) Surely a few others on here have had similar issues or would at least have a better idea.

From what i can tell(on page 12-64 of the Haynes manual for 1st gen w-bodies) all these lights run from fuses from the underhood electrical center #2 from a ParkLPS fuse 25A except the underhood light which is off the horn fuse at 15A (amps probably). So maybe its either those two fuses or a connection to that box.

But from the next page it looks as if it could be a 30A circuit breaker inside the same #2 box. Determined to figure this out now, do you have power to your instrument cluster,AC, or door consoles?

Well now after reading a bit most of what you say isnt working seems to come off Fuse19(10A) or Fuse28(15A) I hope i aint confusing you as much as me.

Edited by rich_e777

That sucks, do you get power to the headlights or anything else while this is happening? IIRC you mentioned before you got a 3100, like me. Deciphering electrical schematics in the Haynes manual(damn i need a beer:think:) Surely a few others on here have had similar issues or would at least have a better idea.

From what i can tell(on page 12-64 of the Haynes manual for 1st gen w-bodies) all these lights run from fuses from the underhood electrical center #2 from a ParkLPS fuse 25A except the underhood light which is off the horn fuse at 15A (amps probably). So maybe its either those two fuses or a connection to that box.

But from the next page it looks as if it could be a 30A circuit breaker inside the same #2 box. Determined to figure this out now, do you have power to your instrument cluster,AC, or door consoles?

Well now after reading a bit most of what you say isnt working seems to come off Fuse19(10A) or Fuse28(15A) I hope i aint confusing you as much as me.

Ah beer sounds so good my friend. Hmmmm I'll have to check those, and yeah my horn fuse is unplugged. Lol ok so when I was trying to figure out why my horn didn't work when I first got the car, I went under the hood looking for the horn fuse. I plugged it in and nearly pissed myself. lol The horn is stuck on. But I'll have to check those other fuses. I'm leaning towards the circuit braker myself though. Because the park lamps and all the other lights on the car work. Thanks for the help man.

depends on the funds:lol: grew up on malt liquor so its the .45 or Steel Reserve but kindof partial to the Bud light with lime or Platniums. Or Budwieser. As long as its cold and at least %5 aside from the lime stuff. Im not picky. BL lime mixed with bourbon is awesome.:thumbsup:

Sounding like that fuse is having something to do with it, wish i knew more about testing voltage and all that good stuff. Tomorrow im visiting my CS in storage to take some pics regarding door handles and might be able to tell you more.

Once i found a damaged spot on a spark plug wire while the engine was idling, did actually piss myself after threw me across the driveway.:lol:

depends on the funds:lol: grew up on malt liquor so its the .45 or Steel Reserve but kindof partial to the Bud light with lime or Platniums. Or Budwieser. As long as its cold and at least %5 aside from the lime stuff. Im not picky. BL lime mixed with bourbon is awesome.:thumbsup:

Sounding like that fuse is having something to do with it, wish i knew more about testing voltage and all that good stuff. Tomorrow im visiting my CS in storage to take some pics regarding door handles and might be able to tell you more.

Once i found a damaged spot on a spark plug wire while the engine was idling, did actually piss myself after threw me across the driveway.:lol:

:lol: I know right! Steel reserve and Milwaukee's Best Ice are my favorites followed by Bud Ice and PBR! lol And yeah I hear you man. The way I check coil packs is by unpluging the wires from the spark plugs one by one. Seems like every time I do it at least one of them manages to knock the fire out of me.

fuse to control that should be under the glovebox. check them again! make sure your insert is not causing the issue, I found a 93-insert caused fuse issues in 94 by pressing on the fuses...