95 GP trip computer

mchill07

Yes, it has abs, I also found a connector hidden behind the false insert where the trip computer will go. Is this the harness plug? I know I will need to find a good ambient temp sensor.

I looked in the area under the hood latch behind the grill/bumper where the temp sensor is typically located and did not see a plug where is should belong? Should there be one? or will I have to make my own?

Sunglasses:lol:

But really, I'm not sure if first gens ever got anything for that slot. Pretty sure nothing is prewired behind that blank though. I know second gens(97+) did have some sort of module that fit there. Looks like traction button was up there too

33865540006_large.jpg

That is an excellent spot to add an aftermarket oil pressure gauge though.

I was going to mount my OP gauge there, but the gauge was just slightly too big for a good fit. Also couldn't figure out a good way to mount it:(

On cars equipped with a temp sensor, the harness is integrated into the headlight harness. it is simply two wires that go from the C200 connector (passenger side under dash at far right) to the sensor. I have added the sensor twice now, and each time I simply extracted that wire pair from a j/y donor, taped them up and ran them bundled with the headlight harness. the C200 end can be pinned into the stock location on the headlight connector.