Fastest TGP

TURBOED

Hi, I'm new to the board and was wondering if anyone knows what is the fastest TGP known of does? I've seen that they do the 1/4 in the low 15's stock, but I hear of chips, pipes, BOV's but no times to go with them. I have a '90 TGP with 51k on the clock (keeping stock) but a project one I feel coming on. But anyone who knows what a pretty good modded TGP can do, please chime in!

Thankyou much in advance!

The et numbers are always getting better like any car that has a following of guys with the need for speed and the wrench to get it out. Stock times ranged in a brand new TGP from 15.3 to 16.3 and this range reflects those mod’d running 14.2 to 15.2, but most run in the mid 14’s. There have been some that ran a 13.89 (Dave Zug) and a 13.98 (me) and another (Mike G) who ran a corrected 13.56, and now there is a 13.3 (see link) so it keeps getting better all the time.

Jeff M

http://www.turbograndprix.com/13.3%20copy.jpg

I just thought i would let ya know that the car that ran the corrected 13.56 by mike gardner now belongs to me! :D :D :D I love the car soooo much! As i am sure all TGP owners love their car lol.

If you have/used a G-Tech then you would know the unit takes into account G-Forces to do its calc :) so going down hill it would see negative Gs/slower et, going up hill would add more Gs/faster ets but either way the G-Tech would go into an error reading/no et reading since when you took off, the unit/car was not leveled/Gs at Zero. It’s a real run on flat surface at 80 degree ambient 29.9 baro and 940 ft attitude, not suprising (other Supercharged GP runs 11s, all motor 13s or better if I remembered) since when Mike G owned his 13.56 TGP (time slip copy in my files) that run was only ran with upgraded heads and cam, but stock turbo and stock injectors. This 13.3 has better heads, bigger turbo and larger injectors, non of this is surprising when you add more air with these pieces :? .

Jeff M

Jeff, I've tried to talk to u before about this but it always seems to get off subject lol. Is there any way i can get bigger injectors on my car?? Or did Mike already do them? I dont think he has but i am sure u would know. I would also be interested in the turbo upgrade!

I dont have the Fastest TGP out there...hell I dont even have a TGP I have a TSTE and as far as I know I have the Fastest clocked one so far...at 142MPH

and Stock with no mods not even a K&N I ran 15.00@90.02MPH with 132,xxx miles..in May of 2002

I now have 144,444 miles just turned today....and she has a warm up knock?? but fine when its warm....any ideas on that one Jeff?

I also keep blowing alts? 3 this year of course I keep puting in used ones LOL getting my big one rebuilt..the rear barings just keep blowing out on me on all the alts I use...

Okay, I'm the fastest. :shock: Now the cats outta the bag. Anyone that wants to try and prove it come race me. Here in Muncie, IN. (Trying to lure other TGP pw3ners to him to check out there cars) My car is way slower anywhere else. My car really pics up speed at like 10.000 feet below sea level so if you guys want to race down there get ready for an ass whoopin. (*coughs* AARON) :lol: