Re-occurring start problem

Reride

I've been having a re-occurring starting issue with my '92 CS 3.1L w/150K mi. It still start fine for a week or so, then all of sudden it won't start. It just click one time. If you jump it or wait 30 min. or so it will start again. The battery and altenator test OK.

My question is would it be more likely to be the ignition switch on top of the steering collum or the starter?

test your battery terminal connections, I had a similar thing on my CS and after having the starter tested and a tune up i finally figured out that the threading on the battery terminals was bad and i needed new battery cable bolts. I needed a new battery at the time anyways but you might get away with changing the cable bolts. Cheap and easy and one of those things that easy to over look. When you go to start and it doesnt, do you lose power when trying to start?

Yesterday I swapped the starter and silinoid from my '92 CS sedan. When I was reconnecting the negitive terminal bolt it stripped and was replaced with a new one. Now the it seems to crank faster and start easier. Will have to wait and see if it continue to start. I also cleaned the ground connection on the block.

rich_777...very good suggestion, little things get overlooked way to easy, Thanks.