1990 SUPREME INTERNATIONAL NO REAR DEFROST AND LIGHT ABOVE BUTTON JUST BLINKS????

tazman11683

ANY ONE HAVE A NY IDEAS ITS DRIVING ME NUTS WE HAVE BEEN HAVING A LOT OF SNOW AND WET BOOTS MAKES WET CARPET THAT MAKES THE WINDOWS FOG BAD THE REAR DEFROST DOES NOTHING WHEN I PUSH THE BUTTON BUT OUT OF THE BLUE WHILE DRIVING AROUND IT WILL RANDOMLY START BLINKING THE LIGHT ABOVE THE REAR DEFROST BUTTON ????

First of all, stop shouting and use punctuation.

Second, check your rear window to make sure the wire running to it isn't broken/disconnected. I have this same problem in my monte, but it's because the wire running to has popped off and I have yet to fix it

I just had this issue with my GP. I checked the wires at the back window. I had a good connection. My switch was shot even thought it still lit up. I replaced with a unit from the junkyard and it has been working just fine now.

I just had this issue with my GP. I checked the wires at the back window. I had a good connection. My switch was shot even thought it still lit up. I replaced with a unit from the junkyard and it has been working just fine now.

thanks i will try another switch mine happens to be in my digital heater control

First of all, stop shouting and use punctuation.

Second, check your rear window to make sure the wire running to it isn't broken/disconnected. I have this same problem in my monte, but it's because the wire running to has popped off and I have yet to fix it

lol i was on a phone and did not relies caps was on and if you do not like the way i type dont respond to my posts thats fairly easy

lol i was on a phone and did not relies caps was on and if you do not like the way i type dont respond to my posts thats fairly easy

Just trying to help, man. It's a lot easier for people (including myself) that know what they're doing to help if they know what they're reading, that's all. :thumbsup:

not the switch tried my control in another car and it works also checked back window with a ohm meter and its good is there a relay ?

The relay controller is in the convenience center under the fuse box under the passenger side dash. It's that little black box all the way to left in the upper corner with the squeeze tabs on each side of it. Replace that and see if that fixes the issue. Note: If the defroster quits working completely (No light at all), check the 60 AMP maxi-fuse in the electrcal center under the hood.

The relay controller is in the convenience center under the fuse box under the passenger side dash. It's that little black box all the way to left in the upper corner with the squeeze tabs on each side of it. Replace that and see if that fixes the issue. Note: If the defroster quits working completely (No light at all), check the 60 AMP maxi-fuse in the electrcal center under the hood.
thank you i will check it out in the daylight