Man I need to get another GTP

Red Nightmare

My last one had countless problems and about 212,000 miles.

Spent more time getting fixed than being driven. Had to part ways.

My latest ride is some pitiful 99 mercury cougar. You know, one of those cars that GTP's have for lunch? It has little in the way of problems but gyod, trying to pass someone or get up to highway speeds is embarrassing. GTP it is like - decide on a speed, hold gas a couple seconds and it is there. The 99 is like - decide on a speed, punch gas, hear the car ask "WHAT?", see the dash dim, car shake, and eventually it creeps up to speed.

Though I was used to it, I never really took the performance for granted. Kind of starting to wish I had just taken the money I spent buying the cougar and just fixed the GTP best i could.

So then folks - if you are thinking of ditching yours, think long and hard about that. While they are not "true" muscle cars, they sure as hell hold their own. Someday, I will be back, oh yes...

I'm fortunate enough to have realized this when I got rid of my vert and TGP. Both were great cars, but both were better off gone from me, which allowed me to pick up my GTP and actually have some money to put into it. I didn't think I'd ever sell my vert, but it was time, and as much as I miss it I'm better without and hopefully someday I can get another. The GTP is by far better nicer and more fun though :)