Driveworks Products

Jprice90

Have any of you guys bought their products? I was looking at their balljoints and tie rod ends but didnt know how they were, they're alot cheaper then Moog, if I can get by with those I'll get them

Please don't provide a LINK or any other convenient way to discover what the hell you're talking about. Makes it more challenging when we have to do all the research on our own.

First Guess: they're cheap because they're cheap. Communist Chinese knock-offs of quality parts. At least tie rod ends and ball joints aren't SAFETY-RELATED, where quality would make a difference in how long people might live.

Oh, wait a minute...

Moog considered the best or close to it?

Moog is a well-established brand name. Like many other reputable companies, some of their product line has been offshored to drive the profit margins up while keeping the retail price stable or slightly reduced.

That said...they're as good as anything else, better than most. As is often true of REPUTABLE aftermarket products, the item may be improved from original specifications, to make them BETTER than the failed original part they replace. If the Moog product is from the Third World, it will at least have appropriate engineering and some amount of QA; which is not always true of generic competitors.

Yeah Fram was a good name once too, but look at them now.

I'm not overly impressed with Moog's offerings as of late, I don't know where they are made, but I bet its not the USA, and if it is I'm sure they produce stuff all over in addition.

That said Driveworks cannot make a wheelhub to save their life, so I cannot imagine their suspension parts being of high quality.