HVAC system stuck on defrost

bkaab

I got my 96 all together running and driving. Only 1 thing doesn't work that did before. The air is stuck on the defrost. No mater what I put it on it don't change. I am guessing it has something to do with vacuum?

Defrost is the default position that the blower doors move to in the event of a problem/failure.

The control mechanism is electrical over vacuum, it's located on top of the heater box assembly right about the center under the instrument panel.

Try tracing your vacuum line from the vacuum canister (under the battery). Routes from there up thru the fender behind the battery, across the firewall to the right rear of the upper intake manifold. Either you missed hooking it up or broke the plastic line.

right under the brake master cylinder area are a few joints in the vacuum system. very common failure at that location. Also the vacuum canister/ball/orb of POWAR which is behind the bumper below the battery could be broken loose or missing...

Ya that line is missing that line now. When I was putting the engine is I went to hook it up and it was broken off down in the fender. Ill Just patch it together and then in theory it should work.