Is RockAuto serious?!?!

95LQ1VERT

Okay so last week I ordered 2 Monroe Sensa-craps front struts for my Convertible along with a "closeout" Gates timing belt from Rockauto. After it being lost in my neighborhood because of 4 houses with the same house number, Damnit FedEx, I finally got it. As I was looking at the parts, I opened the Gates timing belt package to find a Goodyear belt in its place. Is this right, and have any of you had this happen to them? :dunno: WHAT THE HELL?

Yes, please, before you decide to start throwing obscenities at them, calmly explain the situation to someone in customer service. This happened to my brother once with a power steering house, except it was a used/ warranty return one that somehow ended up in the new box. They sent him a new one promptly and told him to just keep the first one and not worry about returning it. Also, I'd like to give Fed-ex the benefit of the doubt as I'm sure it's quite difficult to hastily pick from 1 of 4 houses with the same number. You should note something in the "extra note" section of your order as to denote which house is yours if there is a issue like that.

I didn't have the intention to bad mouth them, I really appreciate their service and especially their prices! I was mainly confused about the timing belt, I didn't know if gates and goodyear were companies partners or something?

A lot of the wholesale stuff they sell can be rather mix-match depending where they got it from. I've gotten stuff on wholesaler clearout in all sorts of weird boxes before. once got a H body strut mount in a w body box they replaced it no questions asked though.

A lot of the wholesale stuff they sell can be rather mix-match depending where they got it from. I've gotten stuff on wholesaler clearout in all sorts of weird boxes before. once got a H body strut mount in a w body box they replaced it no questions asked though.

This is the response I was looking for, I'm going to give them a call and see if they can straighten this out as mentioned before, thank you.

They said since it was a closeout item, I wouldn't be able to recieve another one since I snagged the last one they thought they had. Anyways they refunded the purchase and said I don't have to return this item. Its a Goodyear Gatorback #40192 is this a correct belt?