New PK3 key

the_brandon

I have a new key with no original key. When doing the 30 min learn procedures do I turn it to the "on" position when doing the 10 min wait or do I turn it to the "crank" position. I have been reading different procedures and am confused on that part. It's an 04 Grand Prix

Try to crank and let key back to "on". After security light goes out (approx 10 min), cycle key off, try to start and leave key on. Repeat (usually 3 times before it takes).

I do thank you for the help, but I did that the other night. Tried for 2 hours with no success.

Tried again the next day and got it to work.

I just had to turn it to on, not crank, and timed it for 10 minutes. I don't think the DIC security warning will go out, I left the ignition on for 30 min and the DIC was still reading "starting disabled due to anti-theft system"*

The official GM way of doing it is to start with the ignition off, then attempt to start the car. When it fails to start, leave the key in the "ON" position for 10 minutes or until the security telltale goes out. Then turn the key off for a MINIMUM 10 seconds and repeat the above procedure two more times. The key should always be turned to the start position and should always be turned to the off position for 10 seconds.