OEM Numbers for Plastic Clips

skitchin

Does anyone know where to find or have access to a list of some of the OEM numbers for the clips they use in our cars? I've found some of the door clips in the past, but the ones I really need right now are for the carpet kick panel covers or whatever. If we get a list of them going, I can help cross them over to whatever suppliers I know of(Carpak, Auveco, Disco Automotive, etc).

Ive either used a u pulll it yard or fabricated my own, seems better in the long run because it seems alot of OEM GM clips are absolute crap. Are you refering to the clips that keep interior trim on? I use Velcro strips with adhesive on the back, works beautifully in the summer heat, cold is yet to be determined but so far so good.

Done most of the trim already. Srry no numbers but thought it might help.

Thanks, appreciate the response. Hadn't considered velcro for the kickers, think I may give that a shot. I agree the OEM clips are pretty worthless, or I wouldn't need to replace so many. I work for an automotive/industrial supplier, they sell clips retainers fasteners, etc. So I can get my hands on the clips cheaply and easily, just a matter of finding something that fits.

But I figure for how easily I can get my hands on them I could bring a bunch of various clips to sell at some of the W-body meets I attend - not necessarily for personal gain, more for the fact they're a pain in the ass to track down! Junk yard replacements work, but nothing compares to fresh out of the box clips, really helped stiffen my door panels up.

Body panel clips might be popular, i had a time trying tind some to re-attach my rocker panel body cladding, eventually found a CS to get them from. Was surprised to find out that the clips do vary from make and model. Not one clip metal or plastic that i found on a `94 GP will work on a `94 CS, as far as body goes anyways.

In long strips Velcro holds pretty strong and its cheap, 3M brand has the strongest longest lasting adhesive backing and i`ll vouch for that %100, and its cheap and you can remove whatever piece you want to repaint, modify etc and just stick it back on without worry that the flimsy plastic supports might break. (run on sentence record?)

W-body meets popular for part buying? Still trying to get my baby worth showing up for one.

Edited by rich_e777

There was some small stuff for sale in Northern Illinois when I went, and when I went to Toledo we hopped various junk yards. I'll see if I can't get some info on some clips - interior should be easiest since there's probably only 2 or 3 types of plastic push-in retainers.