HUD Install...

BrianK82

94 Cutlass Convertible....Got a used HUD unit about a week ago. I went ahead and tore the dash pad off, mounted the bracket and hud unit, ran the cable, and mounted the switch in the cubby next to my DIS. Unit works great, mirror needs polished a little bit, and I'm going to hit the lens with some PlastX. I'm looking for input from anyone who has done this before as far as cutting the hole in the dash pad. Scared stiff really. I got measurements from another thread on here, but was just wondering if anyone had any words to the wise, outside of measure twice, cut once,lol? Thanks...

Well, I wouldn't use Plastic X on my HUD lense.

As for cutting the dash pad it really is not that bad of a job. Pretty much straight forward. Cutting the leather pad out is easy and I used an exacto knife to make the cut perfect and then used a little saw on the plastic underneath. It is pretty easy to so.

If your dash pad is curling up by the defroster vent now wouldn't be a bad time to fix it.