Found A Cheap TGP For Sale What Do I Do?

base93lumina

So i found a guy thats moving out of state and doesnt want to take this TGP with him. Original AZ car, never left the state. 100% all there, no rust, anywhere. Hes been trying to sell it for over 2 months now and no one has shown any interest in it. Heres the skinny:

Currently runs, but poorly. Everything electronic under the hood, minus the PM3, is new. Coils, ICM, plugs, wires, all sensors, O2, EGR, all of it, new. New fuel pump, regulator, and filter. Runs, but stalls upon giving any throttle, acts like its misfiring. Unplug the IAT and it smooths out some. Fuel pressure is at 25psi, no higher. Thinkin the new pump or reg is bad. Has receipts for all parts, still has boxes too. Over $1200 in parts installed. Hes sacrificing the car for $600. Needs tires, headliner, power steering pump, EGR tube, a good detail and the clear redone on all exterior plastic parts that face up. Its gonna need to be trailered where ever it goes.

So, what should i do...?

Put a bosch pump in it from advanced auto parts. (they are actually very good and have a lifetime warranty!) That's probably what keeping it dead. next up would very likely be a bad crossover leaking to cause additional run-ability issues.

Im actually really tempted to buy the car, take the motor and trans, and throw them into my Lumina. Shes in WAY better shape, and doesnt need much. Always wanted a turbo Lumina :D Then of course, sell the chassis.

It needs alot of work. Hell, to me, the $600 and gettin up here is worth the drivetrain, and then sell the body off. Be cheaper for me to transplant the guts, than it would be to fix what the car needs.

The drive train in the Lumina is perfect. However, i would like to keep that car running, so im thinkin, rather then deal with a resto job and worry what will happen when that PM3 dies, i'll just take what i want and go from there.

Dont have any pics, it was dark when i went to go look at the car.

My cutlass was in 100% perfect running condition. I took the motor out and did a tgp transplant and it was never the same. I'm not saying don't do it, but if you start serious mods like this, maintaining daiy driver status is quite difficult

you can just change the chip in the ecm. the rewiring is minimail; it's been a while, but i know at least you have to repin the ecm for the manifold temp instead of the intake temp, and add the wastegate solenoid if you intend to use it. i omitted that and used a manual boost controller

Edited by intern8tion9l

Rust free yes, perfect, not by any stretch of the imagination. That body would make a great one for someone back east that has a rotted out one. Not one spec of rust. And out here, we dont value rust free cars like everyone west of New Mexico. They are so common.

I vote buy TGP and fix TGP and leave it a TGP...

Seriously. Base Luminas are a dime a dozen. Turbo Grand Prixs are pretty damn rare. I hate hate HATE when people deliberately destroy a rare car.

I had to put down a few. I really hated to do it but I can say I got one hell of a lot of parts that way. and they live on in my other cars. its not like I was just scrapping them for the money alone, parts cars can be priceless