Lower radiator hose collapes

Bri-Guy-GA

I just replaced my water pump and lower hose after the car running hot. It seems to run within normal parameters now, but I noticed after a 20 minute drive that the lower radiator hose has collapsed. What could cause this? I replaced the thermostat several month back so that is unlikely the cause.

I did notice that when i opened the bleed valve at the thermostat the hose went right back to shape.

Also when it overheated when the hose blew the overflow tank was full.

Ideas?

Edited by Bri-Guy-GA

I just replaced my water pump and lower hose after the car running hot. It seems to run within normal parameters now, but I noticed after a 20 minute drive that the lower radiator hose has collapsed. What could cause this? I replaced the thermostat several month back so that is unlikely the cause.

I did notice that when i opened the bleed valve at the thermostat the hose went right back to shape.

Also when it overheated when the hose blew the overflow tank was full.

Ideas?

1. Defective radiator cap.

2. Pinched hose between rad cap and overflow bottle, especially if hose collapses after engine is shut down.

3. Soft and defective lower rad hose, especially if it only collapses when the engine is at high RPM.