BrianK82

Went to the salvage yard yesterday, scored some mint condition steering wheel controls, a mint passenger window switch plate, and best of all a Driver Information center. I was stoked to find the DIS. Anyways, the Cutlass that I scored the DIS out of had some pretty unique features. It was an 89' SL. It had the digital rallye instrument panel(still there if anyone needs it), also, it had cloth adjustable lumbar seats in really good condition. The window was open on the pass. side, so there was water stains on that side, but the cloth was a really heavy grade and was not torn or ripped. The switches in the console were all there also. I thought the seats were really neat and if I didn't have leather in my convertible, I so would have scored those also. The other neat thing was a storage panel in the back package shelf between the two seats. It wasn't very deep, and didn't open into the trunk, so it seemed kind of useless, but I have never seen one of those before. I really like the older Cutlass's as they seem to have had all the toys. As the Cutlass get newer, it seems like they faded to just being another car. Like GM lost any ambition with this model. Anyway, just thought I would share. Can't wait to get my DIS wired in!!

If you're lucky, the DIS might just be a plug-n-play.

I recall my 1991 CS had all sorts of nifty toys for being a base model.