fixed my coolant outlet elbow, now not getting up to temp?

Psych0matt

Not that it's necessarily a bad thing, but it doesn't seem like it gets above like 130* or so now that I've fixed the leak. It probably has a bubble or two still in the system, but that would cause the opposite effect... :thinking: I'm not too worried about it for now, but it just seems odd

How far does the needle go up? Because on the Lumina it doesn't go real high, and that's just the gauge.... Maybe it was just running warm before? Show me later at home...

since the gauge goes from 100-260, I'm guessing it goes to about 140 or so (about a quarter of the way up), where before, when I had a coolant leak from that elbow that was most likely venting a lot of pressure, it'd run normal temperature as long as I didn't let the coolant get too low. Would the Tstat be out of calibration from running on an under pressurized system for so long, or something like that?

Well, to be honest mine probably goes up about a quarter of the way, and mine runs around 207. It's not evenly spaced, because before the t-stat opens up it it'll be around 220, and be slightly over half way on the gauge. So those 13 degrees register about 1/3 of the gauge.

that's almost what the MC does.... thermostat likes to stick closed until about 205, pops open, drops to 192 or so, creeps back to 197, then it sits there unless i slow down significantly. the guage sweeps stupidly as well, apparently 205 is straight up and down, 192 is close to the 100 mark and 197 is about halfway between those two.

like i said, probably that gauge, scan it while driving.