Steering wheel swap?

losh

Was thinking just another Cutlass wheel since the blue finish on mine is fading to an ugly black in spots. I really want one of the blue T-Type looking Lumina ones, though and was wondering if I could fit one.

Was thinking just another Cutlass wheel since the blue finish on mine is fading to an ugly black in spots. I really want one of the blue T-Type looking Lumina ones, though and was wondering if I could fit one.

I was just doing steering wheel stuffs with Nunzi and he was telling me the importance of matching column parts from 88-93 and 94-96, generation might make a difference. Loop '94 Lumina's in with the 88-93 everything else cars.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone done this to a W? Would another W steering wheel fit my Cutlass?

I know that this thread is a couple weeks old, but I figured that I would chime in because I have done this swap before and am very satisfied with the results. Here's what you have to figure out first though if you do what I did. Do you care if there's an airbag? Because if the insurance company sees that there isn't one there, they may not pay you if you get into an accident.

Anyways, I went with a late 80's Cavalier steering wheel. It's one of the best factory steering wheels that I've seen. Here's my thread about the swap:

http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/52588-Swapped-the-steering-wheel