Removing An Antenna Mast From Quarter Panel

3pt1lumina

This may be a seemingly dumb question, but how do you remove one of these (namely on a 1st Gen Lumina?) When you look at the base from inside the trunk there are two clips that I bent back, and there appears to be a plate that goes up against the quarter. I tried to gently pry it but nothing moved. I do not want to break it because there are none of these around here in the yard that I can practice on destroying and/or replace with. Any hints would be greatly appreciated! I have to get it off sometime this week so we can paint. Thanks!

if you look at the top where the whip screws on you'll see there are 4 teeth marks around it it is as nut it can be turned back with a screwdriver and some gentle taps to work it around the first few turns or the right tool as seen here can be used

a>

What a stupid idea GM had on this one... okay thanks. I did try to do it once with the hammer/screw driver trick but didn't want to break it. I'll try when I go back this week and if not I'll PM Nunzi. Thanks.