Oil seepage/leak from oil cooler connection(1992 Buick Regal 3800) w-body

Oilpatch197

Can someone explain to me how these (new to me) connectors work.

Basically you have a fitting screwed in the radiator(oil cooler lines)( and the hoses "click" into it, being retained by this clip(that must be removed for removal).

I had to remove them to take radiator out, I made sure the nipples on the metal hoses were clean, and a smear of Vaseline before I reinstalled the hoses.

When I had the radiator out, I saw NO SEALS in this fitting, just metal, how does this seal?

I'm just trying to figure out how to stop this leak, do I need to replace the radiator fitting or the oil cooler hose assembly......:think:

Ok....:think: so I'm going to try to replace that retainer clip wire, it acts like it's sprung maybe when I took it off, but I'll try a new spring clip.

Ok....

:think: so I'm going to try to replace that retainer clip wire, it acts like it's sprung maybe when I took it off, but I'll try a new spring clip.

It finally stopped, I paid $11 for the assortment of E wire disconnect clips, expensive buggars.