mab6680

hello i have a 94 cutlass supreme with a 3.4L my problem is there is no dummy lights working on the dash. by dummy light i mean no, check engine, service engine, and security light. not even with the koeo the only light that works is the high beam light and yes the gauge lights work as well. i have checked all fuses in all fuse boxes and there is no blown fuses any help would be great

have you pulled the cluster to confirm that the bulbs themselves aren't the problem?

i've had some completely blow, but most just burn up the inside of the bulb and give a smoked/mirrored appearance that severely reduces light output.

also: if the volts light isn't working, that would be quite bad, since it would essentially disable your alternator.

no i have not i just picked this car up last monday its a real clean 94 vert with 100,000 miles and a blown head gasket so currently im working on getting it running and noticed yesterday none of the lights where working. heres the little history that i do know on the car. the guy i bought it from paid 3,000 dollars for it not knowing it didnt run when he got it home found out it was not road worthy took it to pep boys where they said it was a head gasket. i bought the car from him for 300 thinking hey best case its just a intake gasket worse case theres a crack in the block or manifold some where and even if it was worse case i could easly make my money back and then some considering it has a bunche of new parts like radiator, water pump, hoses, brand new cat back, pioneer head unit, and brand new infinaty capa speakers. when i got it home i went to change the manifold gasket and quickly noticed whoever worked on this car had no clue about wrenching all the bolts where hand tight and the gaskets had been changed but deff not right i must have scrapped off three tubes of rtv off i mean when i pulled the intake there was atleast one tube of rtv around the water jacket passages. any way its prob a head gasket im working on that at the moment