Ugh -- A/C Issues

GP1138

So today I decided to see if the stop-leak did anything on my A/C system. As soon as I started putting refrigerant in, I saw a cloud of something by the compressor. I looked and there's an obvious place on the little can right off the compressor where the refrigerant is leaking out. This just made itself apparent, the last time I put R134a in I didn't see any sort of cloud. How hard is that line to replace? I was thinking of trying to put some RTV on it, but a quick discussion with Nunzi and that's probably just a waste of a can of R134a.

The EPA probably hates me by now though, since I've wasted about 4 cans of this shit.

Also, NAPA is selling cans of R134a for about $5/pop. I'm doing a brake job for someone on Monday and I'm probably going to go grab about 4 more.

If its leaking by the back of the compressor, you can get new o-rings that will be MUCH cheaper than replacing the lines. Considering the lines themselves are in good shape.

I didn't make the leak location clear enough -- it appears that a weld is bad on that little can by the compressor. It's not a fitting -- it's where the line comes out of the little can, it's either molded or welded.

Also, NAPA is selling cans of R134a for about $5/pop. I'm doing a brake job for someone on Monday and I'm probably going to go grab about 4 more.

DAMNIT, i just spent $12 for a can from walmart.

I've still yet to figure out where mine is leaking. I heard it hissing down by the kompressor when I was doing my plugs and wires after the meet.

How do you plan to evacuate the system after you replace the leaking muffler/hose assembly???

Might as well count on installing a new dessicant pouch too--Accumulator or Receiver/Dryer. Might be part of the hose assembly. I haven't looked at my system to know.

Edited by Schurkey