My 1994 Cutlass Vert Project

1994RedVert

Well, instead of posting what I have been doing to my Cutlass on different forum posts. I decided to do like many other people on this forum have done and put it all together in one post to keep you all updated on my progress.

Installed 4 new calipers and painted them red and painted the caliper bracket gloss black. Also upgraded my rotors to cross drilled rotors.

post-7349-143689103479_thumb.jpg

Upgraded my stock speakers to these Rockford Fosgate Punch series speakers in the dash and the rear deck. I even installed a set in the front doors. A lot of cutting but only took me a weekend to cut the door panels and run the wires for the speakers. Sounds WAY better than it did.

post-7349-143689103565_thumb.jpg

post-7349-143689103465_thumb.jpg

post-7349-143689103493_thumb.jpg

post-7349-143689103505_thumb.jpg

post-7349-143689103516_thumb.jpg

post-7349-143689103528_thumb.jpg

post-7349-143689103541_thumb.jpg

post-7349-143689103553_thumb.jpg

This is my future upgrade a digi dash and a DIS.

post-7349-143689103576_thumb.jpg

Also, I will be painting my rims gloss black after I put new tires on the car. Replacing my convertible top. Painting the whole car. Doing an engine swap to a 3800 series II supercharged motor and tranny. A new head unit and subwoofers. And much much more! Keep checking back and I will keep posting pics of stuff that has been completed.

Looking good! Is that a special little bracket that holds the wiring for the HUD? I can't quite make it out in the pic, but I'm adding a HUD and don't have that. Do you think it will still work ok without it, or does it hold the connector inplace for some other reason? Thanks :thumbsup:

It holds more than just the wiring for the HUD. It's a bracke that the HUD unit bolts and clips into.

Redvert nice car you have. I like the red calipers on it. Looks nice on a red car.

1988PhantomFE3, I second what 94 olds vert said. The bracket holds the HUD in place. That is what the HUD bolts to. I am pretty sure you can make it work without it. But, if you have a HUD dash then I would grab the bracket also. But, like I said I am sure you can figure away to bolt the HUD in place without it.

Phantom, if you want a better pic of it I can post one. Just let me know. My dash is still off.

Thanks guys. I am trying to get it running awesome! And trying to make it sweet! Love the car. Just needs a ton of work.

Nice progress so far, I can't wait to see some more. Sounds like you have your fare share of upgrading left!

Yes sir. I am loving having something to work on. Plus it keeps me busy so the wife doesn't choke me! lol

Paint the rims BEFORE you get new tires, that way you can just get paint on the tires and it won't make a difference. Or, get new rims? I'm not sure if stock rims in black will look all that great, but then again I'm not the biggest fan of the stock rims anyways :lol: Anyways, awesome work, definitely gonna follow this :thumbsup:

Thank you Psychomatt. I am going to give it a shot and see how the rims look. If I don't like it I will buy some new rims. But, figured this would be cheaper for now.

Yes, if you couls post some close up pics that wouldbe great. Thank you again Nate for letting me know more about this piece. I'll have to see if Paul can grab it for me when he's at the JY again...

Just got off the phone with Paul and he is already including that "important" piece that I never even heard of! I love this Forum and it's members are so awesome. :dance:

Thank you Psychomatt. I am going to give it a shot and see how the rims look. If I don't like it I will buy some new rims. But, figured this would be cheaper for now.

if you keep your eyes peeled you canusually find some decent factory rims also, either for a backup or for the sake of not ruining your own rims :thumbsup: I'm not a huge crosslace fan, but I do think they look kinda good on a vert

if you keep your eyes peeled you canusually find some decent factory rims also, either for a backup or for the sake of not ruining your own rims :thumbsup: I'm not a huge crosslace fan, but I do think they look kinda good on a vert

Definitely. I am not to worried about ruining my rims. If I buy new ones I will discard them anyways. lol