How to remove broken fuse?

Penglii

So I broke a fuse on the TGP... tried to pull it out of the underhood electrical center and one of the legs cracked off.

It cracked off flush with the top of the slot, how can I get it out?

Does not seem like I can pry it out from the top without really risking some damage to the fusebox.

Can I just remove the fusebox, turn it around, and push the leg out from the other side?

Or is it likely to be tricker than that?

I'd mess around with it... but I just got chased away by an angry wasp.

I did not want to stick around to find out why he was such an angry insect... so I figure I'll ask the internet. LOL

it's been a few months since i messed with the 91SE fusebox, but i BELIEVE you can push through from the bottomside.

if you have a mirror and light, you could confirm this without tearing it out first.

i've torn the entire fusebox apart before while cleaning up all the terminals, there isn't that much holding the contacts in for the fuses, just a plastic clip or two on the side and the little metal tab that holds it in place that you should be able to depress from the top with a very small and stiff object(i borrowed a bobby pin and used it).

I also *think* that it passes through to the bottom, but I don't remember either.

LOL not quite so simple to check though since I installed my new coolant bottle.

By the time I take that off I might as well pop out the fusebox and actually remove the broken pin somehow. :lol:

Not hard to find out by any means... but between the darkness and the mosquitos I'm gonna look into it tomorrow.

• 5 months later...