opinions on trade

Disbass69

so i am the proud owner for a 94 cutlass vert but want something quicker

i found this: http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/3060578406.html

i want to trade him my car which is here minus the subs: htpp://appleton.craigslist.org/cto/3020284254.html

has a shot tranny but they ssaid it still barley drives ik ill habe to replace it but how much and how hard?

worth the trade?

I agree, not worth it. You really have no way of knowing what other problems are lurking there, with the car being undriveable. BTW, are those cracks on the hood, at the front of the humongus hood scoops?

I vote no.

If you "want something quicker", then I would vote for a 93-97 Z28 with cosmetic damage, which would be in the same price range as that GTP + transmission repair. You should be able to sell your car for enough to buy a Camaro, or at least close. I've owned both a 93 Z28 and a 95 Vert, they are very different cars. RWD V8 sports car vs FWD V6 cruiser. There are many times driving in my vert that I wish I still had my Z28. If you really want to be quick and fast, get a RWD V8. If you need four doors, get a nicer GTP that needs less work. Oh, and I would recommend putting a price in your craigslist ad for your vert, many people are confused by the lack of price and won't contact you. Good luck and have fun with your quicker car!

Yea, it's not "quicker" if the tranny's shot. To have it replaced in a shop, you're spending $1300 at the least.

Would it be worth $3300 if the trans was fine? Plenty of GTPs out there that run fine for much less.

As soon as I saw the fox sticker in the window, I saw "lack of maintenance"

I spent $1400 rebuilding the 4T60E transmission in my '95 Cutlass convertible...had it not been for the fact I couldn't find another 5-passenger convertible that I could afford that fit me and my 3 teenaged kids, I'd have been tempted to let my car go.

It's almost NEVER a good idea to buy any car that's not running...unless it's exceptionally rare, and potentially valuable.

I'm not entirely sure what GTP production was, but I doubt seriously it will become valuable any time soon.

Yeah, if the trans is slipping, no thanks. If you had the 3.1 in that vert and cash to fix the trans I'd possibly do it but not in this situation. If the trans wasn't slipping I'd do it all day long.

Found a nice trans with 120k that works good for $400 and my buddy will put it in for $200 that's why i thought about it

lol at the fox sticker i also thought the same thing

i like the idea of a gtp cause you can mod the shit out of them and make them move, cutlass you really can't

and another rebuilt trans for $275 (paper work to prove it) still a no?

Dude, your a grown man. But, I wouldn't trade a sweet and clean Cutlass Convertible for a car that needs work. That interior is hideous anyways! Keep your sweet ride and wait until something better pops up. Those who rush into things regret them later. Keep looking for a Camaro or Trans Am. They are all over for about what you are asking for your car.

I totally agree with you. I ask them for advice all the time. I definitely would not trade your sweet ride for that one. If I would have been on here before I bought my 94' vert I would have bought yours it is clean!

I agree, if nothing else, if you want something quicker do engine swap. spend $2k and upgrade to S/C 3800.

I second that comment! That is what I am going to do.