Thinking Security issue maybe????

BrianK82

My 94 Cutlass has an intermittent no-start problem. It manifests itself three different ways. Quite often, when I turn to the start position, I get no crank for a second, then it will start. This is one issue. Sometimes I can turn to start and nothing happens, then if i release and turn back to start the car starts. Rarely I get no crank no matter what I do, but then maybe ten minutes or a half hour later, it fires right up. I do not get a flashing security light when these issues occur. Security light comes on when key is rotated, but it always stays steady, and goes out after the car starts. I'm thinking more theft deterrent module issue than key code issue. Looking for some opinions. Thanks!!!

Check your connections at your battery. I had my bolt strip out on both the positive and negative on two separate occasions. The first time it happened it was the negative side and i found it was a little loose at the battery and just replaced the bolts. Like $3 bucks at autozone and they just pop out and pop in. If that wasnt it i`d be looking at the starter, but from what you`re describing it sounds exactly like what happened to me.