Climate Controls Stuck On Celsius 00 GTP

base93lumina

Okay, so this being my first GTP or Grand Prix i have owned, and dont have an owners manual, can someone tell me if the dual climate controls can be switched from Celsius to Fahrenheit? Or is that how Pontiac just did it for these cars?

Just convert to Celsius! Way easier and you'll be in line with the rest of the world. :lol:

I'd love to know this actually... I remember hearing somewhere that it was a country specific HVAC head, no idea if thats true.

Best answer I've found, don't know if it works.

Quote from FixYa: "If you take the control assembly out of the dash and look behind it, the connector has a black wire in position D7 (little letters and numbers are printed on the connector). This wire will have a connector on it, pull this connector apart and your display will now be in *F"

I still have a pdf of the entire owners manual for a 2000 GP on my computer at home if anyones interested.

That would be great if you could PM the file, or if you would rather send the file to my email address. Let me know which you can do :) ANd thanks for the help on that, im gonna try it this weekend and see how that goes.

Best answer I've found, don't know if it works.

Quote from FixYa: "If you take the control assembly out of the dash and look behind it, the connector has a black wire in position D7 (little letters and numbers are printed on the connector). This wire will have a connector on it, pull this connector apart and your display will now be in *F"

I still have a pdf of the entire owners manual for a 2000 GP on my computer at home if anyones interested.

Pin D7 is grounded to convert to C. Try clipping this wire like said above.