91LuminaEuro

So, with my tinted tails I would like to upgrade the lights in the tail and reverse lights in my car. The light output is actually marginally different it's the reflectors that you can't see that worry me, so I'd light to brightn the bulbs if possible.

Anyone have any good suggestions for sites or bulbs? I know to use some LEDs in the turn signal I'll have to install a resistor, I'd like to avoid that. I saw that they make a silver star series bulb for the brake and turn signals in my car, anyone use those before?

Thanks!

when it comes to LEDs, if you can just plug and go, don't expect great results from them. all of the direct replacement LED bulbs that i've seen actually have a LOT less output than the incandescents they're intended to replace.

Hm, anyone know good re-sources if i wanted to do a retro-fit?

Also, anyone have experience with the silverstar ultras for the brake/turn/reverse lights? Worth it? I can get them to relatively cheap compared to LEDs

The gain with the silverstar bulbs is negligible. If you want to do a basic LED retro, I would recommend using through-hole circuit board, red-orange Philips LumiLED's, and 12 volt regulators. If I remember right, I used series strings of 4 leds with a 33 ohm resistor. You would then run these to a 12-volt voltage regulator. I got 5-packs of the Vregs locally for $3, resistors for pennies apiece (I think I got 50 for like $10) and the LED's on ebay. I bought a brick of 1200 for about $170, but looking now I see you can buy a pack of 120 for $30. I think that would be enough to do the Monte tails.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120-AGILENT-HPWA-DH00-B0000-RED-ORANGE-SUPERFLUX-LUMILEDS-LEDS-NEW-/180882706545?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1d731071#ht_1853wt_1185

You can use a 3457 for the tail lights. That will be brighter. I don't know of a replacemnt reverse light that is brighter. I have read that the silverstar bulbs for the reverse lights are brighter.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/

I've used some of their bulbs in other applications.

This. I converted all my interior bulbs to LEDs last year. MUCH brighter. I haven't done any of the exterior lights though. Was planning on doing it this year, but more important things keep coming up.