PZEV Cars

Hairdo12

Thought I'd pass this along as its the first time I ever heard of this: My father drives a 2008 Grand Prix with an NA 3800. Just recently the secondary AIR injection pump failed. Car is out of its 3 year 36k and the part isn't covered under the 5 year 100k powertrain. The 8 year 80k mile emmission warranty only covers catalytic converters and the computer systems. Obviously the 2 year 24k mile warranty on the other emmision mandated warranty is over too.

My point is, it turns out NY state and some others in the north east have adopted California Emmission standards. Therefore some cars are classified as PZEV (Partial zero emmisions vehicle). Turns out my fathers 2008 Grand Prix is one of these vehicles and therefore carries what was explained as a 15 year 150k mile warranty on the emmission devices on the car. This is the first I've ever heard of this. I don't know how far back in model years this goes either. Dealer had to verify the VIN to determine if the car was qualified as PZEV. I think there is an RPO code of NE1 and another for California.

yeah, i decided to read the wiki afterwards.

so it MUST have:

no EVAP emissions

a 15 year/150,000 mile warranty on emissions crap

and meet SULEV

i can't think of too many vehicles that meet all of these. :think:

yeah, i decided to read the wiki afterwards.

so it MUST have:

no EVAP emissions

a 15 year/150,000 mile warranty on emissions crap

and meet SULEV

i can't think of too many vehicles that meet all of these. :think:

Actually, a surprising amount do fit. the L26 GP, various Subaru's, Honda's, Toyota's and Nissan's.