W-body vehicle weights

topless94style2

I looked through the vehicle section on the home page, but it is listing the same weights for the cars. I know the vert weighs more than the coupe, does anyone have actual weights on these cars, and the weight distribution? I am finding a 65/35 split for 1st gen, but I am not sure if that can be accurately applied to 1.5/2 gen.

I looked through the vehicle section on the home page, but it is listing the same weights for the cars. I know the vert weighs more than the coupe, does anyone have actual weights on these cars, and the weight distribution? I am finding a 65/35 split for 1st gen, but I am not sure if that can be accurately applied to 1.5/2 gen.

I believe w-bodies are rated for 1000 lbs payload, so if you subtract 1000 lbs off the GVWR on the driver door that should be the curb weight.

Hrm, doesn't look like my sticker mentions payload anywhere, so not sure what my curb weight or distribution would be...

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE w/ 3100(L82/M)

GVWR 4286

GAWR FRT 2407

GAWR RR 1879

PAY LOAD 908

CURB WEIGHT 3378

I can't imagine the split being anything less than 60 - not sure how the load factors into the split. Perhaps it's based on passenger weight? 2 front 3 rear, 908 / 5 = 181.6. 181.6 * 2 = 363.2 front, 181.6 * 3 = 544.8 rear. Based on that:

FRONT: 2043.8

REAR: 1334.2

DISTRIBUTION: 60.5% front

Edited by skitchin

check the sticker on your trunk lid for payload same one that shows tire preassures and sizes. Probably isnt the most accurate method but its a place to start.

checked my trunk sticker, payload of 1036(or was it 1086?) lbs (due to the 3+3 seating?).

GVRW isn't mentioned on that sticker, i imagine it's on the door one? that one is too faded to read(actually one solid color now).

I did the weight distribution off total axel capacity or the gawr. Im sure a scale would show something in the 60s. Gawr frt 2620 and gawr rr 1927

I did the weight distribution off total axel capacity or the gawr. Im sure a scale would show something in the 60s. Gawr frt 2620 and gawr rr 1927

But you've got the convertible. Those ones are heavy bitches. :lol:

• 6 months later...

Found some nice numbers in an old motortrend article: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/112_9711_chevy_lumina_vs_monte_carlo/viewall.html

DIMENSIONS

Wheelbase, in./mm 107.5/2730

Track, f/r, in./mm 59.5/59.0/1511/1499

Length, in./mm 200.9/5103

Width, in./mm 72.5/1842

Height, in./mm 55.2/1402

Base curb weight, lb 3388

Weight distribution, f/r, % 64/36

Cargo capacity, cu ft 15.5

Fuel capacity, gal.. 16.6

Weight/power ratio, lb/hp 16.9

Other various specs on that page