Just got another grand prix! 95 GP SE

Silentkillzr

I just picked up my new car, 1995 Grand prix se 3.1 v6

It ride's pretty good, theres a small amount of rust under gas door which is fine

It for some reason has a high idle, around 1000-1500 rpm's, and it hesitates sometimes... Any ideas?

post-6792-143689097567_thumb.jpg

I plan to L67 swap eventually, once i gather all the parts required :)

More pics to come tomorrow :)

Well the exhaust is a mess, From what i saw the cut the cat out, replaced with a cherrybomb of some sort, then theres a muffler right in the middle of the car back to the stock Y-pipe, with mufflers cut off and straight pipe to the stock tips. But im not sure, seems like Idle air controller or something, Do these cars have IAC's? I suppose i could look at my manual the guy was kind enough to give me with the car lol, but im at work

Yes they do, that would be my first stop, take the TB off and clean all that shit including the IAC with tb cleaner

Only had the chance to capture one picture today, i was working on the car awfully long today. I got my audio system back and setup as i usually have it, Lol ive put the same amp/sub in like 10 cars, the deck is newer that came with a gtp i got a few months ago, i love the setup. The car came with upgraded speakers all around, i think it sounds really good. Anyone enough about systems, I have some issues to address. So far from what ive checked out on the car, I believe the vacuum line to the fuel pressure regulator has a leak, The line to the intake has a ripped fitting and i can pull the line right out without trying, that may be causing some issues, otherwise i am going to take the TB and IAC off later tomorrow and clean it out. My trunk also appears to leak, Where are the common places for them to leak, and how can i fix it asap?

However i have discovered the car had intake gaskets done about 10k miles ago. Someone wrote on the intake with a sharpie to mark it down.... and they do look fresh and nothing on the car leaks at all. My Low coolant temp light also randomly decided to go away today haha.

post-6792-143689097665_thumb.jpg

My girlfriend also has a 95 Grand prix SE, Both are 3.1's, I plan to L67 swap hers after i do mine as the guinea pig :showoff:

Thanks guys, it is REALLY clean, i am still awed by it. The rockers are 100% there, need a little undercoat touchup, There is a small hole under gas tank door, but that is it. Every plastic panel is faded out, but all the paint on metal is 100% and looks very glossy. The tint in the back is literally 5% or less, so black i cant barely back out of the driveway. Sigh ill have to get that fixed im sure.... :shrug:

Anyway i have some updates...

I took the intake off, then the tb, Took the IAC out of the tb, and clean everything very well, found that they used RTV to seal the tb because the gasket was broke in like 3 places, I changed it out with the actual gasket, and then i found the pcv was not sealed to the intake very well, i found a grommet that fit the whole very well. Now my idle issue is fixed, For the most part, It doesnt shoot to 2500 rpms and ride down on startup anymore. It does the usual thing, but it sits at 1k for about a minute then something kicks in and bogs for a second. May be my exhaust.

My Hesitation issue is still there off the line, It like sputters until i lay into the gas some more, feels like the car is missfiring but does not sound like it, Could be my messed up exhaust im thinking, my buddy recommended fuel filter which is big possibility i think. Opinions?

This is what PO did to fix the rear crankcase vent? It goes from valve cover to intake before tb. This is usually a one piece plastic hardline. :bs:

They also did something like this for the coolant temp sensor on the tstat housing.

post-6792-14368909772_thumb.jpg

I promise ill get more pics of the car lol, I keep forgetting :lol:

post-6792-143689097698_thumb.jpg

Edited by Silentkillzr