2002 Intrigue Headliner & Sun Visor Issues

RZB1992

Hi guys. I have a little bit of a problem. I'm switching my 01 Intrigue over to the 02 Intrigue style headliner and sun visors (thicker material, and more insulated). Don't have a picture available yet, but the sun visors mount the same way as many other Ws, and as any of you who've done the job know, the plastic clips break easily trying to pull them out.

Just wondering:

A) Does anyone know, by chance, a website or place, that I can get the circular clips that go on the arm of the visor, and get pushed in to the roof? Not the little retainer clips closer to the rearview mirror, but the clips that surround the arm, and expand once they're in the roof.

B) Has anyone seen any 2002 Intrigues in junkyards around them with the tan interior that have lighted visors? I have the visors I need, but they're the non-lighted ones, and since the car is pre-wired for it, it would be nice to have the lighted ones. Not sure if they used the headliner / sun visors in anything else.

C) Does anyone have any tips for installing and uninstalling these things in any better fashion? I've uninstalled about 6 of them now, using an array of methods / instructions - including the ones from service manuals, and have only had luck getting 1 out without damaging the clips.

Thanks in advance.

There's plenty of Intrigues in the yards around here. I'll keep an eye out for the sunvisors and clips. I think they'll be about $20 for a pair of that's OK with you. I take it '02 is the only year that has the visors you're looking for? As far as a better method to R&R the headliner, I'd try calling some body and interior shops and see if you can't get some pointers as to how they'd do it.

Im sure theres an 02 in my yard... Theres about 20 intrigues there... Ive never done a headliner on a 4 door car, but I was able to buy new plastic clips from the parts store for less than a dollar

Thanks guys!

AL- what parts store are you talking about? I work at Autozone, and I know we don't have anything quite like that there, but I haven't tried too many other places yet...

If either of you happen to go to the junkyard within like the next week or so, and can check while you're there, I'd appreciate it. I'm only interested if they have the lights, are from a 2002, and if you can get them out safely without bends/cutting wires. I'd be willing to pay you for your time...

I'm assuming that I'll just have to buy new clips somewhere, cause getting these things out is ridiculous without bending them, etc.

Here's a picture of the visor. I know this is very generic, but you can see the material is a lot different. The airbag sticker looks almost ironed on, and is very straight, unlike previous years, and the material itself is almost similar to perforated material - opposed to the fuzzy, kind of lint absorbing other material. Easiest way is to look at the rear "oh shit" handles." If the coat hanger is attached to it, that's a 2002. If the coat hanger is a separate piece about an inch away from the handle, it's not.

post-3531-143689097484_thumb.jpg

I picked up the clips at Oreilly... They have a whole shelf of factory clips and other plastic pieces... In fact, it was labelled as GM Headliner clips, came in a package of two for I think $0.74... They have a huge selection of door panels clips as well

Hi guys. Sorry for the delay in response. Here are some pictures of the clips that I need. They also have a flat, donut-shaped piece that goes on top of this clip to hide the insides. I need two of these clips with their covers.

Guess I'm also going to need a rear, passenger side "oh shit" bar / coat hanger (again, has to be from a 2002 Intrigue with tan interior).

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

Trying to also find the clips on O'Reilly's website, but not having too much luck. Al - not sure if those clips you were talking about are the ones above or not, but if they are, did you happen to know a part number? If anyone knows of a 2002 Intrigue in a junkyard that has the tan lighted visors & the rear pass handle, please message me, and let me know if you can grab them for me. Again, I'll pay you for them and for your time.

AL - Thank you so much. From what I've read from instructions, it seems as though you have to twist this piece counter clockwise (the piece rubbing against the headliner and pictured), but I've yet to be able to do that on any car. If you run in to problems, don't go crazy, but like I said, I really appreciate it. I'll pm you my other email address and phone number, and you can text me or email me if that's easier...

You have to have the door open in order to twist out the visor... I did pull one from a Century, worse comes to worse, Ill practice on a couple 01-