Digital Instrument Cluster _ 88 - 91 Cutlass Supreme

2Tired

Hello..,

I am interested to know if you can transfer the Digital Instrument Cluster from an '88 Cutlass Supreme International.., into a 91 Cutlass Supreme SL...??

The Cluster from my 91 Cutlass Supreme SL has issues.., it has the basic 3 section display.., Fuel Level on the Left.., Speed in Center.., and Mileage on the Right.., the Digital Cluster from the 88 Cutlass Supreme International.., has the round arching Speed and a Tach in the center.., with smaller round gauges on both sides.., with fuel and volts on the left side and temp and oil pressure on the right side.

Here are the guages.

1510830050_medium.jpg

1988 Cutlass Supreme International

140.jpg

1991 Cutlass Supreme SL

Basically...., is it possible to just plug this 88 Cluster into a 91 dash.., will everything work....??

The only issue I see is that the Transmission Gear Indicator will need to be installed into the lower center section of the 88 Cluster somhow.

Anyone know if this is possible.., or if it is not worth the time and effort.

It can be swapped, but it's not plug and play. Connectors are completely different, takes a good but of wiring and possibly the addition of some wires. I believe someone here was making adapter harnesses to make it a lot simpler. Someone will chime in soon.

That's the thread I was looking for!

I never made an "adapter" for my regal. I just stripped insulation about 6" back from the original connector and loop-hooked the new wires through. A little solder and tape and I had a reversible modification.