What's everyone's thoughts on gauges?

Ramblin Garage

I just bought a cheap narrowband for the hell of it, I was wondering, what is your guys' opinions on gauge pods in cars, or american cars?

I was thinking of doing a gauge pod on the pillar with 3 gauges but not sure if it's worth the hassle or if people think it looks rice?

Let me know what you think!

04turboss-6645-albums-turbo-ss-386-picture-prosport-gauges-2923.jpg

it's your car, so do with it what you please...

that being said, i'd much rather have pillar mounted gauges than what i had to deal with in the el camino: had a 3 position "bar" with 3 gauges, only 1 of which actually functioned and it already had the one functioning gauge in the cluster already...

so essentially, add in as many USEFUL pillar gauges as desired.

Love them, If i was going to do it over again (and im going to) id throw my cheap narrow band out the fucking window LOL by far the most annoying gauge i have ever had, and tbh its pretty useless.

auto force

Boost/vac

trans temp

water temp (mechanical)

oil press (mechanical)

Id do a 3 gauge pod and a hud pod.

My old setup

PICT0161.jpg

Edited by Addicted to eaton

Love them, If i was going to do it over again (and im going to) id throw my cheap narrow band out the fucking window LOL by far the most annoying gauge i have ever had, and tbh its pretty useless.

auto force

Boost/vac

trans temp

water temp (mechanical)

oil press (mechanical)

Id do a 3 gauge pod and a hud pod.

My old setup

Thanks for the vid! I subbed you haha

I just bought a narrowband for $20 shipped and it's in good condition is why I ask. I figure if worst comes to worst I just flip it on ebay or a civic forum to make some money lol

Edited by trewyn15

If you have a reason to run the gauges, then they are fine in my book.

If you have them just to tell you the temp... when you have the temp gauge on your speedo... well that's pretty ricey to me.

If you have a reason to run the gauges, then they are fine in my book.

If you have them just to tell you the temp... when you have the temp gauge on your speedo... well that's pretty ricey to me.

holy shit mike you're catching me in posts already :lol:

Oil pressure, transmission temp, boost if ya have it. Most the rest are pretty well overkill, though oil temp could also be useful.

I was thinking a boost gauge hooked to vacuum to make myself look cool :lol:

haha seriously though I'm not sure what other gauges I'd do, I have too many parts that I need to part together atm for my engine build so this would just be a see a used gauge for cheap and jump on it type thing like I did with the narrowband.

Vac was important for me for A, leakes i know if i had one that was undetected..

Temp gauge.. So i know the TRUE temp, not a shitty factory one

OIL Pressure.. again cause its important...

Gives it that RACING look! I for one never trusted idiot lights, it usually let us know when something was going wrong way too late! And what if the bulb was bad? Way too late on that one, like never mind, your motor blew up and I forgot to tell you!

What's narrowband mean?

Narrowband reads air/fuel ratios from your stock o2 sensor. it can only detect rich or lean. A wideband o2 sensor will tell you exactly what your AFRs are at any given time.

Low oil pressure dummy light doesn't kick on until <10psi if I recall correctly, that was reason enough for me to add a sending unit and gauge...though I still need a place to actually mount the gauge.