95+ dohc cutlass questions...

JONOA

right now im on a search for a Red 2door 95-96 dohc cutlass w/black leather and sunroof, got a few questions

1. were they available with quad buckets, or is this only for converts? if they wern't available, if i was to find 2 front buckets, would they bolt in the back or are the back ones different and electric?

2. BESIDES the engine whats the differences between the 3.4 and 3100? i know the 3.4's have dual exhaust, but they always look a little bit different from the outside, maybe im just imagining it, but they look better. subtle gfx? better suspension?

engine really doesn't matter, i plan on putting in a L67, already have the engine/trans harness etc, got a sweet deal from a freind. but i want quad buckets, and all options.

3. finally, are the w-body's really that unstable at high speeds? ive taken my 96 aurora up to 140 no problem, silky smooth. I know its a completly different setup, cadillac even stole the aurora's frame/suspension in 98, why not they stole our engine......but anyway i want somthing sportier, always LOVED the cutlass 2d's even with a 3.4 there sleepers, but the best id ever see from that is a low 15/15.0, i get that now (few mods). and i don't want to deal with the 3.4's problems

also looked at z34's.......interior is to old looking. maybe a 98z though...

thanks!

Welcome aboard! :D

1.) The Quad-buckets were only available in the Cutlass convertable, but the Grand Prix had them available based on specific model trim. No, you can't bolt in front seat to the rear; you'll need to specifically find rear buckets / center console.

2.) Besides the engine displacement changes and power of the 3.1L MPFI vs. 3100 SFI vs. 3.4L DOHC, the body doesn't see much changes like you said compared to a dual exhaust cut-out on the rear fasica and some exterior badging. Wheels, the rear Cutlass aero spoiler / rear tail-lamps and some small other enhancements were given to the high-end trim models and the convertable.

3.) I've hit 105mph (before meeting with traffic) in my DOHC and it was smooth. But I had everything in check first; balanced tires / wheels, correct alignment and no previous frame damage.

- Erik

• 4 weeks later...
Wheels, the rear Cutlass aero spoiler / rear tail-lamps and some small other enhancements were given to the high-end trim models and the convertable.

....exactly, my '97 SL, obviously with the 3100 has the "spoiler", different tails, etc.....

.....I don't understand everyone's fascination with the quad buckets however....

i have done close to 130mph in my 95 lumina and i didnt see any problems unless something jumps infront of ya and you pull an "O-SHIT".

i have new suspension, breaks, and ballanced tires

I need to replace soo much crap on my car... including a rim that cannot be balanced... and I went 180km/h (112.5) and my car vibrated like a mofo.... but stuck to the road like glue, until I hit that bump...

...then it was a smooth ride for about 3 seconds, and you could hardly feel the car land!

dont find many people out there with newer g-bodys. i know my riv has a different engine than the aurora, but what mods have you done to yours? just curious

that depends on who you ask