homemade poly motor mounts?

brake

Has anyone ever tried filling up their worn out dogbone motor mounts with polyeurethane to make them solid? Did you notice a big difference? My biggest concern is the vibration that would be transferred to the passenger compartment.

I bought a used set of dogbones and I'm thinking of trying this with my original ones. Also painting them body color to try the spray bombs I bought before they touch my hood :D

this is what I'm talking about for anyone that doesn't know:

http://importnut.net/motormount.htm

Edited by brake

My buddy's wife has a PT cruiser that needed engine mounts, he got a set and we filled them with windshield urethane like that. seems to be working good so far.

It's not as easy as pulling the rubber bushings out and putting in polyurethane ones. You have to press or melt the rubbers out and then cut out a little center band. It's kind of hard to explain. On my double dogbone 3100, I barely noticed any difference in vibration. I could have gone solid and it wouldn't have made much of a difference. The lower mounts are so soft they absorb most of the vibes. My 3.4 had some stronger vibes. But that's because it had an extra lower mount.

I know people have filled the rubber ones with Liquid Nails before..

Holy shit, this is a great idea. The anti-torque mounts up top of the Saab are absolutely shot.