Pass-key and/or VATS problems, chances of getting stranded again?

Red Nightmare

1994 grand prix.

At work, my car would not start. Security light on dash flashing. Disconnected battery for several minutes, reconnect, car would still not start. Had to have it towed home.

Consulted this page - http://vats.likeabigdog.com/

My version of this was to disconnect the connector, rig my spare key with wires and back-probe the connector. on the connection that did NOT lead into the steering column.

Car started. I pulled out my spare key rig job and car did not die. Nice, I was able to drive it into the garage instead of where the tow driver dumped it (in front of someone else's house).

Security light stayed on but car didn't die. I shut off the car once in the garage. It started right up without the rig key. Security light stays on. It even starts when the connector is not even connected at all. I disconnected the battery for a few and reconnected and nothing changed.

ANYways, at this point, the car doesn't seem to care if the wire is connected or not, it still starts and security light stays on.

I do not really care if the system is working right now, My concern is if it is going to decide to not start again when I am at work or something. Does the VATS system have like a limp-in or fail-safe mode where it is messed up, not protecting the car but won't prevent it from starting/running?

Thank you.