Did you guys know that...

emb1230

in IROC Camaros, the 5.0s have a 5000 RPM redline while the 5.7s have a 5500 RPM redline.

in first gen S10s (1986-88) a 2.8 truck tach will be 6K and the 4.3 tach will be 5K (1988 only)...

My CS does not have a red line. It's a DOHC car.

My 94s did...6500 RPMs. Or 6750, can't remember...

Edited by ManicMechanic

Another odd one is that the police pkg. gen 1.5 Lumina cluster seems to be based off of the Canada spec cluster. As evident by the "new moon" for empty; "full moon" for full gas gauge and C and H on the temp gauge.

Another fun fact, the 88-91 Cutlass UB3 cluster reads redline from the ALDL serial data bus and illuminates the redline segments as appropriate. So you can swap a DOHC cluster into a pushrod car and vice versa, the redline will display correctly.

Another fun fact, the 88-91 Cutlass UB3 cluster reads redline from the ALDL serial data bus and illuminates the redline segments as appropriate. So you can swap a DOHC cluster into a pushrod car and vice versa, the redline will display correctly.

Hmm, this could be why I don't have a red line. When my car was tuned the red line was set at 7k rpm. The cluster only goes up to 7k rpm.

Jeremy's TB probably has a redline because its a SS model. I don't recall ever seeing a regular model Trailblazer with a redline, most people that buy Trailblazers probably wouldn't know what the hell redline means anyway.

Speaking of trailblazers, a recall just came out on 06-07 models for the drivers door harness catching fire. Ironically, the same thing happened to the pass rear door harness in my 04.

My cluster goes up to 7k with no redline.

my cutlass had a redline at 6500??? it was a 94 like yours??

and nate what do you mean you had yours tuned? 94's are obd1.5 you have to do a obd conversion to tune it. did i miss this?

0f5e2ff8.jpg

Edited by jake91

my cutlass had a redline at 6500??? it was a 94 like yours??

and nate what do you mean you had yours tuned? 94's are obd1.5 you have to do a obd conversion to tune it. did i miss this?

0f5e2ff8.jpg

Jake, I also don't have an analog cluster in my car either. I had a bunch of other things changed in the PCM other than just the red line.

59b554c2.jpg