Patching Convertible Top? URGENT

Rick

Well my Mom told me to stay home sick today since I was coughing and felt like shit last night, well my bestfriend also was sick so I went over and hungout with him. Seeing chronicles sounded good, saw that and highway was a bit congested so we took the backroad.

Getting to the point...it was raining low 30s, and started sleeting halfway through the 5-6mi road, a turn ive taken numerous times in every weather condition even snow this time my car locked the tires and we went sliding into the field. I got lucky to not hit poles or the large forest. Last weekend taking a girl home on the backroad we saw a lot of cops, I learned from the homeowner(I told her what happened and that her lawn was altered) that a suv had rolled through her lawn. She said its the two worst turns she thinks in jefferson county and has had people airlifted off her property from crashes. pretty scary to think.

My car itself is fine..except for the convertible top. She had a single line barbed wire property marker, well that hit my convertible top at around 35mph and left 2 holes and a lot of scratches. only two go below the surface for about 1-2centimeters MAX.

I need help knowing if I can patch these or not.

Heres a few pics, cant get one of the top yet since its pouring and cell phone camera isnt good enough quality.

post-6351-143689090236_thumb.jpg

Thanks! I found another link just like that, with a little different approach. Hmm I wonder if that will work as a long term approach, or just to let the top go up down..

Oh, and does anyone think there is anything to worry about hitting the field around 30-40mph? Everything seemed to check out okay though.

Thanks! I found another link just like that, with a little different approach. Hmm I wonder if that will work as a long term approach, or just to let the top go up down..

Oh, and does anyone think there is anything to worry about hitting the field around 30-40mph? Everything seemed to check out okay though.

I'd just be watching it for any kind of fluid leaks, front end pull, or clunks. You'll probably be fine.