Lumina Floor Shift Swap Problems

base93lumina

Okay. So im in the process of doing my floor shift swap and am having a hard time with it.

For starters, the car is a 93 and the parts from the donor car are 92. Now, i thought all the Luminas from 90-94 were the same inside and out? Well, i discovered that the floor pan of the 92 and 93 are different. I figured this would be a straight swap from the get go, but so far ive been proved wrong.

Are the consoles different from 92 to 93? So far i have discovered, the exhaust tunnel is wider, the floor ducting is different, and it appears the bottom cover to the heater box is different too.

Floor shift Luminas are a bit of an oddity in these parts, and thinking 92 parts would go right in on 93's i guess you could call nieve. Can someone get me some pics or some advice on how to properly swap to the floor shift and console?

So far, i know of the floor vent ducting difference, i know i have to punch a hole in the firewall for the floor shift cable, the shifter from the 92 went right in, and i had to shave the front of the 92 console to make it mount to the shifter base. Im guessing, to make my life, easier, i need to get parts from a 93-94 floor shift Lumina?

Thanks, any help is appreciated. And for the record, all the threads on the swap never mention anything about the differences i am finding.

IIRC, yes, there are differences in the floor pans. However, probably what you didn't find was that it isn't Lumina specific, that it is 1st Gen W-body specific.

For the life of me, I can't remember what year the pans were changed though. Someone can chime in on this.

I can't say for other cars but the luminas ARE different from 90-92 and 93-94, why I do not know but they are.

What colour is your interior, I am 90% sure I have the red console from my old 93 laying around yet.

my interior is blue, but ive installed grey seats, grey console, and was gonna put grey carpet in and leave the rest. Im pretty happy with the color blend. So, if you have your 93 console, can you shoot me some pics of the side view. Also, being the floor pans are different, are the shifters still the same? I hope so, otherwise i chopped this 92 console down to fit the 93 for no reason, even though it seems to be working.

White93Z34, i dont need the console, but if the shifter plate (assuming its from an automatic) is the same for the 93 as the 92, i need the shifter plate as the one from the console i got is in three peices.

Okay, so a couple questions:

How do i get the locks to work with the shifter again, and do i have to swap columns to make the shift lock work again? I was thinking on the shift lock, i could always get a solenoid and tie it into the brake switch to make to work again. Im actually not too worried about the door locks, but just in case, what would i have to do to make them work again?

Thanks guys!