Rarest clusters

emb1230

The digital UB3 wasn't available after 1991 but i once came across an otherwise stock 1993 CS sedan with one, I think it was console shift.

Nope, console regal UB3's didn't have a gearshift indicator, the column shift cars did.

I swapped a digi UB3 into my '91 regal GS that came factory with full gauges, and it came out of a column car. Here's the pics:

Photo-0135.jpg

Photo-0136.jpg

I've seen bar graph and digits for the Speedometer on CS's and Rivieras/Reattas but I swear the Regal ub3 was the ONLY one to have both the bar graph AND digits for the Tachometer.

There's a lot of space to be had in that GIGANTIC dash cavity those 1st gen regals have. Hell the analog cluster is a full 6 inches wider than the digi cluster, so big in fact that GM made it two pieces!

Ok, has anyone ever seen a 88/89 GP with the BASE cluster? I found a Manual for a 89 GP at the pick n pull one day and apparently, there were 2 clusters available for GP's: the one we all know with the Mechanical Tach, temp, oil, volts, and one with just the digital Gas, Speed and Odo, I have never seen a Base 88/89 GP cluster!

Ok, has anyone ever seen a 88/89 GP with the BASE cluster? I found a Manual for a 89 GP at the pick n pull one day and apparently, there were 2 clusters available for GP's: the one we all know with the Mechanical Tach, temp, oil, volts, and one with just the digital Gas, Speed and Odo, I have never seen a Base 88/89 GP cluster!

I've seen the base digital cluster in a base 88 GP in the junkyard. Same as the "upscale" cluster, minus the tach.

Here's my upscale cluster (old picture, car has almost 10k more miles on it now :lol: )

post-2280-14368909025_thumb.jpg