3.1's

emb1230

my first car with a GM 60 deg V6 was an '86 Celebrity with the LE2, and it had the 4 speed auto!! Looking at fuel economy.gov right now, both the LE2 and the L44 could come with either a 3 speed auto or 4 speed OD auto, right?

Edited by emb1230

My mom got an 87 6000 LE Wagon when I was 15 (1996) It was nicely equipped but nothing like the STE's were. What sucks though, even in their heyday, I never saw that many 6000 wagons, and when I did, they were Base models, but I would see sedans with the same options/color scheme all over the place.

Edited by emb1230

My mom got an 87 6000 LE Wagon when I was 15 (1996) It was nicely equipped but nothing like the STE's were. What sucks though, even in their heyday, I never saw that many 6000 wagons, and when I did, they were Base models, but I would see sedans with the same options/color scheme all over the place.

I saw a 6000 wagon in the junkyard not too long ago, and it might have been an STE but I don't remember. I might have taken a picture of it, let me check.

It was. Please excuse how terrible this picture is, my cell phone has been through hell for the two years I've owned it :lol:

Taken December 3rd, 2011

post-2339-143689089813_thumb.jpg

Just like the Grand Prix, the 6000 STE only came in 4 door sedan, but there was a S/E sedan and wagon, that there, is a S/E wagon! The difference? The S/E was the poor man's STE.