Questions about a 92 International coupe.

qwick6

At a upcoming local seizure auction there is a 1992 coupe listed. It is the color I want with the wheels I like, but as the pictures show it has a 1991 front clip.

I ran a vin search which shows its a 92, and has a total loss claim on it about 5 years ago, so I assume it must have been a front end collision and repaired with what was available. My question is how hard is it to change back to the 92 front end.

Thx for any input.

92cutlass.jpg

You'll need a hood, bumper and mini-quads. I'm not sure if the fenders need to be swapped. You will need the orange side markers.

The later bumper has fog lights built in, so hopefully the wiring for those is still there.

You might also need any mounting brackets for the mini-quad lights.

I happen to have 2 clips off wrecked cars, one red and one burgandy, so I could drive it till I find a white clip.

I do seem to remember and fenders not being interchangeable, but my main concern is if the rad support needs to change.

I am not sure on the transmission but either way I am going to try and grab it as the cars usually sell for between $200 and $300.

I recently sold my black coupe, so I have room in the stable for a new acquisition.

Edited by qwick6

Fenders would definitely need to be changed, although maybe some clever sheet metal work to the inner structure could make the existing fenders work. The main thing is finding a way to get the newer lights to attach. The shape of the cutout is the same, I believe. The bumper comes up higher on the 92-97.