Grandma gets a Lumina

emb1230

a few months back, my grandmother got in a car accident and totaled her '99 Olds 88 that she bought new, think is had 120K on it. Anyway, she wanted another car and ended up buying my great aunt's 99 Lumina LS that she and her husband also bought new... this car only has 30,000 miles on it!!! It's a 9 out of a 10. After all, it IS a '99. It's loaded up pretty nice, champaigne/bronze color, power driver's seat, Tachometer, has the LS rims, CD player, dual temp controls, ABS and Keyless entry. A few years ago when my grandfather passed, away his 95 Lumina was giving to my brother, it was a base, but it was pretty loaded up for a base, power windows and mirrors, tape player and elec truck release.

Well, she probably couldn't have gotten a safer car from that same era...5* from the IIHS.

[h=1]Chevrolet Lumina[/h] 1995-2001 models [h=2]FRONTAL OFFSET TEST[/h] OVERALL EVALUATION: good_lg.gif

[TABLE=class: subRatings]

[TR]

[TH]Structure/safety cage[/TH]

[TH=colspan: 4]Injury measures[/TH]

[TH]Restraints/dummy kinematics[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH]Head/neck[/TH]

[TH]Chest[/TH]

[TH]Leg/foot, left[/TH]

[TH]Leg/foot, right[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] good.gif [/TD]

[TD] good.gif [/TD]

[TD] good.gif [/TD]

[TD] good.gif [/TD]

[TD] good.gif [/TD]

[TD] good.gif [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.

good.gif Good acceptable.gif Acceptable marginal.gif Marginal poor.gif Poor

[h=2]Test details:[/h] The Chevrolet Lumina was redesigned for the 1995 model year. Note: 2001 Luminas were sold only to fleets.

Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy moved toward the driver door, and its head hit the roof rail and B-pillar.

Injury measures — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of injuries in a crash of this severity. Head accelerations from the roof rail and B-pillar hits were low.

The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained very well.

Smeared greasepaint indicates where the dummy's head hit the roof rail and B-pillar during rebound.

Footwell intrusion was less than in most other cars the Institute tested. (Huge plus)

image.ashx?rh=42&id=1

image.ashx?rh=42&id=2

image.ashx?rh=42&id=3

image.ashx?rh=42&id=4