Cutlass Console Swap-can it be done/should it be done?

White92Cutlass

I hate the cup holder on my '93 Cutlass Convertible. There is only one and it doesn't hold drinks very well (drinks spill sometimes when making turns). Opening the console lid when the cup holder is pulled out is also a pain. Has any one swapped a complete '95-97 Cutlass Supreme console into a '90-'94 Cutlass Supreme? Can it be done? What modifications would need to be made? Would it look stupid with the '90-94 dash?

Yes, It would look dumb with the 90-94 dash. But you could probably still do it. The top switches are different. Since you have a 1993 yours isn't on the center console.

I got mad at mine one day and ripped it out of the car and though it on the road.

It has been a while since I tried this swap, but I seem to remember it would not work because the consule was to tall where it meets the ashtray part.

I was wondering if that would be an issue

I did it in my 94 Cutlass coupe ( sorry no pics sold car) yes I had to cut the front of the console down to fit under the dash also had to cut the top of console to fit under dash, otherwise it bolts right in to the existing mounting locations, I did this for the same reason, lack of cupholders on 94 console

I mounted a couple of the RV folding cup holders on the passenger side of the console. when not in use and folded up they are out of the way.

Got any pics?

I did it in my 94 Cutlass coupe ( sorry no pics sold car) yes I had to cut the front of the console down to fit under the dash also had to cut the top of console to fit under dash, otherwise it bolts right in to the existing mounting locations, I did this for the same reason, lack of cupholders on 94 console

How did it look in the car? Were the cut parts noticible?

• 2 weeks later...
I don't but here is a very good link to one on ebay that shows video of how it works/looks and note how slim it is when closed. they come in dif. colors.

No link posted

I don't but here is a very good link to one on ebay that shows video of how it works/looks and note how slim it is when closed. they come in dif. colors.

sorry - I'm in rare form some days, lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-CAR-TRUCK-BOAT-VAN-Folding-cup-drink-holder-Recessed-/360370318512?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item53e7beacb0