Voltmeter/Car Powers Down

Laveen Z34

At night when headlights are on, when I step on the brake pedal the voltmeter goes down to about, i'll say 8,9,10, and the lights dim. Any suggestions? I used to have this problem about 6 weeks ago. Since then, I replaced the alternator with an AC/Delco worked good. FYI, this does not happen during the daytime. Please Help. It's my 93 Z34.:think:

Time for a test of the complete starting/charging power team.

Alternator/regulator, starter, battery, and the harnesses that connect them.

First Guess: Alternator or battery failure--perhaps both.

Time for a test of the complete starting/charging power team.

Alternator/regulator, starter, battery, and the harnesses that connect them.

First Guess: Alternator or battery failure--perhaps both.

Alternator brand new, battery was charging OK April 2011, harnesses - that I don't know......

I had the same issue as it was the alt. Theres an issue that you have between the alt battery and wiring. Check the connections. Even with the battery check in april 2011 means absolutely nothing. batteries these days go dead quick and a year is a big difference. Might want to get things checked again. If your battery is hurting/weak, its gonna kill your new alt pretty quick.

you can buy parts and bolt them on all day. alternators, batteries, or whatever big alt charge wires, whatever.

but you can't fix the key limiter by just buying a wire off the shelf at a parts store. you got to make your own. what I am saying is basically one specific ground is one your total alt output is limited by.

Edited by Garrett Powered