Quadlamp Projectors

Artemis

Vendor on the LS1 Boards for 4th Gen Camaros is making them. Look pretty sweet, give you an idea of what to expect, or how to build your own.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/1489326-bls-93-97-camaro-bi-xenon-projector-retrofit-install-pics.html

Vendor has comparison pics on their webpage.

http://www.blackbirdlighting.com/

Looks pretty neat guys, thought I'd share this with everyone.

That is retarded expensive. I really don't care enough about blinding the asshole drivers around here to spend over $600.

The idea is that they are NOT supposed to blind people because of the cut-off. My buddy owns a machine shop, going to take a crack and making a low-beam set for myself. Just ordered the matchbox projectors for $60 + $15 shipping to Canada. In reality, since I already have a set of HIDs that will work in these projectors, my cost should be around $100 to get them functioning.

The idea is that they are NOT supposed to blind people because of the cut-off. My buddy owns a machine shop, going to take a crack and making a low-beam set for myself. Just ordered the matchbox projectors for $60 + $15 shipping to Canada. In reality, since I already have a set of HIDs that will work in these projectors, my cost should be around $100 to get them functioning.

I'm pretty sure he meant to say not blinding people.

Yee, my bad.

For all the times people have failed to dim their headlights, or blinded me with their stock HID's, my courtesy is depleted. Think I'm going to leave my low-beams as is and just redo my fogs+highbeams without projectors. Should be my best bet for not getting pulled over.

In my truck it's another story. People just leave their brights on... I remember one time I flashed my lights and this asshole just flashed back at me and kept his brights on. Flicked the switch for my KC Daylighters for just a split second, they understood that.

Think I'm going to leave my low-beams as is and just redo my fogs+highbeams without projectors.

Redo the highs? Not HID though, right? You'll just get the eurolamp housing for the highs so you can switch out bulbs?

If you're thinking of HID's for the highs go back and watch the video you put in the thread about the "brightest lights" and watch how long it takes them to fire up to full on. Unless you live in a very rural area or the dessert where you can keep your highs on for significant lengths of time they'll be about worthless. Also, you'll loose the opportunity to "flash" your high beams at anyone coming your direction with their highs on. The ballast won't take the continous use to switch from low to high in traffic and prematurely wear out as well as the fog ballast wearing out quickly since the fogs go off when the highs are on. Just a little bit more to think about.

I have HID's in my GTO lows and fogs but the lens of the low has a projector (stock) and a clear plastic housing over it - they work well. I disabled the DRL as they run on lower wattage causing the buls to sometimes flicker or not ignite at all and had to cut off one of the legs of the fog cancel relay so the fogs wouldn't turn off when I switched to the highs. Highs are only used anymore to flash. Oh, and don't forget the accessary wiring harness so they're running directly off the battery and not through the switch. Going with 55 or 35 watts, what color temp?

Modifying the stock Mini Quads was really quite simple and throws much better light than the stock bulbs! :biggrin:

Edited by BRZN

Good call BRZN, they do take a lot longer to fire than I remembered. How are those replacements you did working out? I might go that route, or go back to looking into HIR's lol.

Ha, the job I did with the Mini Quads last weekend worked out well. Visability at night is greatly improved. By simply siliconing them in place replacement shouldn't be that bad if/when the bulbs burn out. Just a bit of time scraping all the silicone out and waiting for the new stuff to dry: won't be near as bad as pulling the stock assembly apart. I'm very happy with the results for the cost/time.