Engine swapping questions

2001goldGTP

So I have finally determined that the main issue with my cutlass is in the transmission and this will be taken care of shortly because the rebuild is still under warranty, I fricking hope.

Before this I could swear I was going to need a new motor and was looking into a swap. Now I have noticed a lot of 3500 swaps into these cars on this forum and my question was why? My wife has one in the G6 and I get frustrated with the power in the low end. It could be the car needs a better tune than stock or that this 3.5 is different. Is it easier to use the LX9, (I believe that the right one) compared to the L67/32 or the 3.6 or 3.9 motors out of a G6 GTP? Can you even use the G6 motors? Once im back to driving the cutlass on a regular basis I know the 3.1L wont keep me happy long so I was just looking into options.

Thanks

but isn't the 3500 just as difficult to put in?

Which is why I've had the 3400 on my mind, but power gains from that don't justify swapping out a perfectly working motor. I've been looking at top swapping, not sure what kind of power to expect from that, but the price starts adding up pretty quick.

well thats the other thing too, for the money the L67/32 is about the same, im not trying to be a leg humpper and claim my gtp is so great because well its not, but the motor is pretty awesome. And sitting in my cutlass made me sad when i realized once again how much nicer it is lol, just needs some go