Are these the original red 3.4L plug wires?

atikovi

Well... you aren't going to be able to find an exact set like that. I have never seen an aftermarket set with the numbers on them.

Prestolite does (did?) make a set that was at red/black like the OEM ones.

How many miles are on those wires? I have 91k miles on the original GM wires on my 94 vert, still work great.

91,000 miles but it's 18 years old now and they deteriorate from the inside so you can't tell by looks alone.

Well... you aren't going to be able to find an exact set like that. I have never seen an aftermarket set with the numbers on them.

Prestolite does (did?) make a set that was at red/black like the OEM ones.

I could be wrong, I'll check but my replacement delco ones I had on my 96' Lumina had numbers on them. They were gray tho, not the traditional front red, back black ones.

When I got the ones from the dealer a few months back I had two options. AC Delco or GM replacement parts. The AC ones were cheaper, and he said the GM replacement parts would have been exact fit with the numbers. So I think if you go to the dealer you may be able to get those...depending on if they still have them for that engine I guess.

I could be wrong, I'll check but my replacement delco ones I had on my 96' Lumina had numbers on them. They were gray tho, not the traditional front red, back black ones.

The AC Delco replacement is 726E for about $60 at RockAuto. The GM parts catalog shows part numbers for individual wires but some have the same part number so they won't have the cylinder numbers on them.

The AC Delco replacement is 726E for about $60 at RockAuto. The GM parts catalog shows part numbers for individual wires but some have the same part number so they won't have the cylinder numbers on them.

Thats really weird, only because each wire IS different, they come with the proper lengths. All I did on my 96' DOHC CHEVY was order the 8.5mm Magnecore wires, they're red, and FAT.

How many miles are on those wires? I have 91k miles on the original GM wires on my 94 vert, still work great.

120K on my '92; 150K on my '93. So far, so good--but I acknowledge that I'm on borrowed time.

I should have been more specific I was referring to the early ones (91-95) 96/97 has a different wire setup.

Just go to NAPA and get the Belden plug wires, keep the receipt and you have a lifetime warranty.

As a general rule, if I want a quality part, I go to NAPA, not the stinking GM dealership. I have had great luck with them, and would be quite confident buying their plug wires.

Just go to NAPA and get the Belden plug wires, keep the receipt and you have a lifetime warranty.

As a general rule, if I want a quality part, I go to NAPA, not the stinking GM dealership. I have had great luck with them, and would be quite confident buying their plug wires.

I don't care about a lifetime warranty since I'll be selling it, I just want the car to look all original like when it left the factory. Plus the red wires look great.

I don't care about a lifetime warranty since I'll be selling it, I just want the car to look all original like when it left the factory. Plus the red wires look great.

Your question has been answered in a previous post then. If you don't have ignition troubles, run them! Your selling, so who gives a damn what they are like on the INSIDE unless the ignition is fouling. You wanted them to look OEM on the outside, and they do because they are.

I would do a really good cleaning. I recommend Gojo hand cleaner, the white creamy stuff.

Put some on a rag and wipe away...removes all the grease and stains. In fact I use it on all rubber hoses and plastic under the hood. Makes it look factory new instead of that shiny, greasy Armorall look that silicone protectants do.

Edited by Oilpatch197