The future of my Grand Prix, detailed opinions please

AL

Get it running enough that you can sell it. Take the money, put some into the regal to ensure that it will continue to run fine. Split the rest between your savings and your truck.

Long term loans are good for credit. Granted, you pay in the long run in interest, but it will only help you down the road get bigger loans (home).

Having money in your savings is always a good thing. Hence the term "Rainy Day Fund". That, or what if you want to take a vacation, or put it towards your down payment on a future home.

IMO, think for the future.

^^

THIS.

Fix it and run it for a bit to be sure it's solid. Sell it and put HALF of the proceeds into savings and split the other half between the Regal and the truck.

I think collectively, we're just as undecided as you are sir. Unless you plan on getting out of W's and getting something expensive... keep the car. You're either going to get another W-body and spend a lot of time trying to get it up to where the GP is/was, or buy something completely different. This IS a W-body forum, so most of us are gonna say keep it alive no matter how much blood and sweat it costs, so long as it's affordable. Others will be quick to point out the platforms shortcomings and tell you to buy something nicer, but I personally don't know any other AFFORDABLE GM car I'd rather be in, I'm against imports and would be cast out of my family for owning a Ford, and I sure as hell ain't in a point in my life to buy a new Camaro or GTO.

As others have mentioned, figure out where you're going in life and the rest should become more obvious. I think the best action will be inaction for now. Life ain't always clear-cut. I'm 24 and living at home and really should move out, but then I don't have a garage to put my car or work on it, and not to mention I'm usually the only one home. On top of that, I've been the de facto man of my house for the last 13 years, which is now broken and occupied by horders. So on one hand, I'd feel a sense of abandonment moving out, but I know realistically it would be the healthiest choice for myself, and would make me more self-reliant and appear more matured. I may live at home now, but I'm still very much on my own there.

I'm not getting out of wbodies... the regal I'm keeping as Its in far better shape than the gp believe it or not... it just needs paint... I have a pending offer from another member who will fix It and drive it